Shrek Party Ideas
A Shrek Party is sure to be just like the movies – hilarious and down to earth at the same time. Join Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss ‘n Boots, and all the others in Far, Far Away for this Shrek birthday adventure.
Shrek Party Supplies and
- Use the colour theme green, purple and yellow for balloons and streamers
- At the door entrance hang a welcome to Far, Far Away sign
- Tie helium balloons to the back of chairs
- You will have to decide where the party is going to take place and decorate the theme Swamp, forest, castle, or maybe have a room for each.
Shrek Party Games and Activities
- Decorate Shrek and Fiona’s Castle Use old appliance boxes and have the castle set up (pre cut windows and doors). Give the guests old dress shirts to wear over their clothes. Everyone gets a paint brush and let them paint and decorate the beautiful castle. I would have them paint outside (paint will dry fast) or in a basement on a drop cloth. Have lots of paint colours available (e.g. grey, green, purple, pink, yellow, etc.). To add to the setting you could already have painted a large carriage of Shrek and Fiona to have beside the castle. This is not only a great activity, but once it is dry the guests will love to play in the castle.
- Ogre Ears Have the guests create their own party hats. You need two shades of green construction paper, glue and tape. Use a long rectangle to go around the head. Pre-cut ears (2 shades of green). Have the kids glue these together. If they want they could also glue on sequins for Fiona. Tape the size/ fitting around the head of the kids.
- Gingerbread Cookies Decorate and bake gingerbread cookies and don’t forget the gumdrops.
- Charades Use pictures of Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Pinocchio, Three Blind Mice, Puss in Boots, Dragon, Gingerbread Man, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mirror, mirror, Lord Farquaad, Peter Pan, Big Bad Wolf, etc.
- Musical Chairs (with the sound track of Shrek)
- Balloon Stomper Players become a balloon stomper and try to stomp and pop balloons tied to their opponent’s feet. Use green and purple balloons.
- Read a Fractured Fairytale (inspiration for the movie – cute and funny stories)
- Fun Printable Party Games
- Watch the Shrek movie on DVD
Shrek Birthday Food
- Happily Ever After Potion. Make a punch with orange juice, and ginger ale
- Bug Juice. Any type of juice with ice cubes with frozen jelly worms, etc inside
- Bucket of chicken This would look great in a wooden planter bucket (line with plastic wrap or something so the chicken is not touching the wood). Either make the chicken or purchase at a local grocery store or chicken food chain.
- Potato salad or French fries
- Ants on a Log Celery filled with peanut butter and topped with raisons (make sure there are no nut allergies!!!) or as an alternative use cheese wiz
- Have an Ice Cream Center Get multiple types of ice cream (especially mint chocolate chip and orange) have a variety of toppings (worms, smarties, gum drops, sprinkles – use the leftovers from the gingerbread man cookies decorations)
- Shrek cake, or Shrek swamp cake
- More Fun Cake Ideas
Shrek Party Favors
- Shrek Gummies
- Shrek colouring book and crayons
- Shrek Stickers
- Green nail polish
- Shrek Tattoos
Share Your Shrek Party Ideas
More Fun Kids Party Ideas
Perfect Party Ideas Home
Birthday Party Ideas
Kids Party Ideas
Teen Party Ideas
Adult Party Ideas
Seasonal Party Theme Ideas
Perfect Party Supplies
Share Your Party Ideas
Party Links |