Hot Tub Party
Create your own oasis with a hot tub party. Whether you are having an outdoor or indoor party, this will have a soothing atmosphere, like a spa. This type of party can also create a more intimate setting for close guests. Turn on the glowy lights, hit the music, and make sure the water temperature is just right. As well, before the party make sure all the chemical or salt levels are correct and make sure your hot tub is clean. By doing these checks, you are setting your party up for success by making your guests comfortable and aiming towards the ultimate relaxation.
Create your own oasis with a hot tub party. Whether you are having an outdoor or indoor party, this will have a soothing atmosphere, like a spa. This type of party can also create a more intimate setting for close guests.
Turn on the glowy lights, hit the music, and make sure the water temperature is just right. As well, before the party make sure all the chemical or salt levels are correct and make sure your hot tub is clean. By doing these checks, you are setting your party up for success by making your guests comfortable and aiming towards the ultimate relaxation.
Hot Tub Party Invitations
Before sending out invitations, you need to consider who to invite because depending on the size of your hot tub at your party, you may only be able to invite four to eight people. Try to invite close friends or family that get along enough to be in a hot tub together, so the vibe is not impacted.
Create your invitation on soft colored paper with hand written information. Make sure to say that it is a hot tub party and to bring a bathing suit and towel. Add the final touch of tropical fish stamps or stickers on the invitation.
Hot Tub Party Decorations
- Use the color theme of blue, green, and pink
- Hang twinkle lights
- Have patio lanterns or tiki torches
- Have citronella candles or scented candles
- Turn on the glowy lights in the hot tub on random color changing
- Set up an outdoor bar
- Have outdoor beach chairs and umbrellas for lounging
- Set up a mini waterfall
- Have a rope basket with extra rolled towels to look like the spa
- Have a stationary modern clothes rack with a few lightweight bathrobes
- Play relaxing spa or island music in the background
- Have a pair of fun sunglasses and simple slippers for each guest
- Hang a grass skirt around the hot tub
- Have inflatable palm trees and flamingos
- Have colorful cups or coconuts for drinks with mini umbrellas
- For a more fun vibe have glow sticks
Hot Tub Party Games and Activities
- Water memory - play a memory game by placing a dozen water-theme objects on a tray like a seashell, toy fish, lei, sunglasses, sunscreen, snorkel, flip flops, and more. Pass it around for everyone to look at. Then, cover the tray with a towel, have your guest try to remember as many items as they can or remove one object and have the guests try to guess which object is gone.
- Spa day - set up or go to a spa and do facials, pedicures, and manicures.
- Relaxing music - play relaxing spa music or nature sounds like rain, birds, or the ocean when relaxing in the hot tub.
- Sauna - go to an indoor or outdoor sauna
- Hot and cold - if you have a pool and hot tub in your backyard, go in the hot tub for two minutes and then in the pool for two minutes, then back into the hot tub. This is amusing because the temperature difference will make you feel really cold or really warm.
- Make a cocktail/mocktail - assign each guest a color or water themed phrase. Then, they have to make a drink with that as inspiration. For example, if someone is assigned blue, they can make a blue lagoon mocktail with shark gummies and blue umbrellas.
- Hot tub karaoke - when in the hot tub, show off your singing skills and sing some karaoke
- Remember when - share fun memories from years ago and start each by saying “remember when…”.
- Target practice - get some floating hot tub toys that will not melt in the heat and give each player a small water gun. Divide into two teams and try to shoot the toy from one side to the other. First team to get to the finish line wins.
- Shark attack - turn the jets on medium or high and place a floating toy shark in the middle. Without touching the shark, try to not be bitten (touched) by the shark.
- Movie time - set up a projector and watch a classic movie
Hot Tub Party Food and Drink
- Spa water - have water coolers with lemons or cucumbers
- Have a tropical or fruit juice drink station - have ice tea, fruit punch, lemonade, pineapple juice, etc.
- For those of legal age have wine, strawberry daiquiris, pina coladas, champagne, etc.
- Small finger sandwiches
- Fruit kabobs - layer pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and red grapes
- Chicken and potato kabobs
- Vegetable tray and dip
- Spinach dip and pita chips - warm up the dip for an extra touch
- Shrimp cocktail and lemon slices
- Candy station - have chocolates and gummies in small glass dishes
- Mini tacos or nachos
- Scented candles
- Bucket hat and sunglasses
- Developed photos from the party and a picture frame
- Gift certificate to a real spa
Related Party Ideas